At Zerorez, we are the best carpet steam cleaner and we know that there's one word that strikes fear into the heart of any homeowner. "MOLD" Certainly, you can develop a mold problem anywhere in your home and, if you're lucky, you'll spot it before it does a lot of damage - to your home or to your family's health. One of the worst, and most common, places to develop a mold problem is in your carpeting and the unfortunate part of that is that it often goes unnoticed because mold generally grows out of sight, between the carpet and the padding. If you suspect you have carpet mold, or you want to prevent it, here are some things you should know:
Why Mold Is A Big Problem
Mold produces allergens. When mold or mold spores on carpeting are touched, the allergens are released into the air, where they can cause allergic reactions in allergy-sensitive people. Reactions can include sneezing, runny nose, red eyes and a skin rash. More severe reactions can happen in people who have asthma; these reactions can be life-threatening. Exposure to mold can cause spores to be inhaled into the lungs, where they can make breathing difficult, especially in the elderly and in people with conditions that limit their lung function.
Signs Of Carpet Mold
Here are some signs that you have mold growing in or under your carpeting:
- Visible mold growth on top of your carpeting
- A mildew-y smell coming from your carpeting
- A crunching sound when walking on your carpeting
- Previously-wet or water-damaged carpeting
How To Prevent Moldy Carpets
Mold requires four things to grow: moisture, oxygen, a food source and a surface to grow on. Wet, dirty carpeting provides all of these. Here are ways to ensure that these conditions either don't exist or don't exist together:
- Reduce your indoor humidity. Mold requires moisture, so purchasing dehumidifiers and keeping your home cool are great deterrents to keeping added humidity out of your environment.
- Don't install carpeting in the wrong places. Basements and bathrooms are the worst places for wall-to-wall carpeting, as they are rife with excess moisture.
- Don't let water stand on your carpeting. Any kind of moisture, from storm water to a spilled drink, must be cleaned up - and dried up - as soon as possible to prevent mold growth.
- Get professional cleaning help. Vacuum your carpeting on at least a weekly basis to remove food sources for mold; but when it's time for a yearly deep-cleaning, get professional help from the best carpet steam cleaner in Las Vegas, NV to steam your carpeting and to remove water after the cleaning process is completed.
Generally, carpets that have developed a mold problem must be replaced. If your carpet mold problem is limited to a small area, you can replace just that section. Your best bet for never having a carpet mold problem is to keep it as dry as possible and, when it's time for deep cleaning, call the best carpet steam cleaner in Las Vegas, NV, Zerorez, at 702-567-0016
to ensure that your carpets are not only cleaned thoroughly, but dried thoroughly, too. Visit www.zerorezlasvegas.com to find out more about our patented cleaning technology and the rest of our cleaning services.
Click here for Carpet Cleaning Las Vegas NV: Give Your home What It's Begging For!