Escaping the notice of day to day office cleaning is easy. Trash is emptied, floors are vacuumed, bathrooms are cleaned, and everything looks nice. While it is easy to go on autopilot with these maintenance tasks, it is important to realize that some things are getting missed. If your office has upholstered furniture, it is probably not part of the cleaning package. Sure, if the cleaners notice some crumbs in the chair, they will vacuum them out, but a deep clean will not happen unless you make special arrangements. You may wonder if your usual cleaning service knows how to clean upholstery, but a professional upholstery cleaning service is a better choice for the job. It is important to do this for several reasons.
- It is healthier. The padding below the fabric of upholstered fabric absorbs moisture from spills, sweat, and other liquids. Even if this moisture is sterile, the damp environment can become a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
- It looks more professional. You don’t realize how dingy something looks when you see it day in and day out. If there are no obvious stains, you may assume the fabric looks fine. One visit from an upholstery cleaning service and you will be amazed at the before and after.
- It extends the life of the furniture. Sweat, body oil, mildew and other residues on fabric will reduce its life. Even if you clean up spills quickly, residue is left behind that seeps into the padding. An investment in regular cleaning will pay dividends in extending the life of your office furniture.
- It reduces allergens. Dust mites, mold, and mildew are all common allergens. Using a professional upholstery cleaning company to clean your office furniture reduces the allergens in your office.
- It creates a more pleasant work environment. There is no arguing with the fact that freshly cleaned upholstery helps the entire office smell and feel better. A professional cleaning company will leave the fabric visibly cleaner, with a fresh, not heavy, scent.
If it has been six months or longer since you have had your office upholstery cleaned, give us a call at Zerorez. We use our patented Empowered Water system to clean upholstered furniture thoroughly, without leaving any residue behind. With no sticky, soapy residue, your upholstered pieces will stay clean longer than with a traditional upholstery cleaner. Contact us to schedule a time for cleaning.
Featured image: FotoDuets/Shutterstock